Cache #1/Day #1
This is my first blog of many, I hope.I went to school to be an engineer, not a writer. Having this information as background is key when reading what I have to write. I will attempt to be grammatically correct in all of my blogs, but I am still an engineer at heart.
The purpose of this blog is to give me an outlet for some of the things that I think and the topic that I chose to write about is geocaching.
My husband and I joined geocaching.com together under the username iambujo. Today, we found our 117th cache. Which from here on out will be known as cache #1 of the 100 intended to be found during the next 100 days.
For those of you new to geocaching, the most basic definition of geocaching is:
Using million dollar satellites to find tupperware in the woods.
The first geocache is titled "Tadpole Capsule". Today is 12/12/12 and geocaching.com offered a badge of honor to anyone who found a cache today because of the date being so unique. I drove the whole family over to the parking lot near the cache and I stayed in the car with the baby and let the hubby go find the cache with the girls. Apparently our gps put us on the wrong side of the shopping center and they had to walk a pretty good distance to find the cache. Once they got to the right location, the cache wasn't where it was supposed to be. The cache had fallen from its location, but that didn't stop my family's geo-senses. They found it, signed the log, and logged it on geocaching.com before they even made it back to the car.
Just some information about my intentions:
To find 100 caches in 100 days. This is a lofty goal considering to date (years we have been doing this), we have found 116 caches total. There are tons of caches around our house though and this will give me something free to do with my time instead of shopping... and now that I am staying at home, I need a free hobby.
This goal might be accomplished by me, my husband, my kids or any combination of the family. We do have 3 kids and dividing and conquering is how we survive. I hope to at least be present at most of the finds though so that I can get the scoop fresh off the find.
There may be as little as no finds or as many finds as my legs can carry me to in any given day. Sometimes when we go out four-wheeling, we set our sights on getting as many as we can. We set our own personal record by finding 14 in one day.
I appreciate your efforts in reading this blog. I hope that the material does not bore you to tears and I hope that it inspires you to get outside and to do something fun either by yourself or with a group of friends or family. Let me know how I am doing as we go along!
No comments:
Post a Comment